Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Down the Rabbit Hole

This is going to be one of those posts about how I'm starting a blog. I think these posts are often stating the obvious. Of course, I'm starting a blog. I probably emailed you to tell you I'm starting a blog. And here you are reading my first blog post. And yet, I feel as though I should further explain... I'm starting a blog.

I've found that being a parent is a lot like the book Alice in Wonderland. Lewis Carroll's work is often called literary nonsense. For anyone who has or has had small children, I don't need to clarify that statement. And most would agree that being a parent is exactly like jumping down a rabbit hole. You don't know what you are doing, you are just desperately following that white rabbit in hopes it will show you the direction you need to take.

Does this make me Alice in the story? I hope not. I'm not looking to be the Queen of Hearts either. I feel more like the audience who is constantly amazed at the turn of events.

But mostly I'm starting this blog because my mom told me I needed to write down all funny stuff my kids do. That I'll forget and wished I had all this for later.

No comments: