With the New Year, I thought I would work on a new look. I changed the title of my blog to something with a little more meaning to me. My Meme would sing to me "I love you, a bushel and a peck. A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck." And I in turn sing that to my children. I didn't know until recently that it is a recorded song. I'm not sure where I thought she got the ditty. But it's a very special memory of mine and a much more fitting title to my blog. Meme would mock embarrassment at the notion of being blogged about, but inside she'd be pleased.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
New Look
With the New Year, I thought I would work on a new look. I changed the title of my blog to something with a little more meaning to me. My Meme would sing to me "I love you, a bushel and a peck. A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck." And I in turn sing that to my children. I didn't know until recently that it is a recorded song. I'm not sure where I thought she got the ditty. But it's a very special memory of mine and a much more fitting title to my blog. Meme would mock embarrassment at the notion of being blogged about, but inside she'd be pleased.
Labels:
Meme
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the new blog title! My Dubbie (my Mom's dad) used to sing that to my sisters and me too. Very special song.
Post a Comment