Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Dream Homes

One of my favorite things to past time is to find  my dream home. I have no intention of moving any time soon. We just unpacked our last box a few weeks ago. But that's never stopped me from spending the moment the kids go to bed, until my own bed time, just search the web for the perfect home. For a long time now I've been torn between two great loves.


This beautiful home has been the winner for the last couple years. I love the shape, color and the textures. But it's really the images from inside the house that has me hooked. You can see them at the bottom of the page here at Architectural Designs. Mostly it is that image of the stairs into the basement with the rock wall. I just love it. I'm from Texas. Most of us have never seen a basement, but I need one with a rock wall staircase.

But my first love is this beauty from Coastal Living. I first saw her on one of the Renovation channels like TLC, HGTV, or DIY (why do they all go by acronyms?) years and years ago. Look at all those windows! And the huge wrap around porches. Think of all the sweet tea and lemonade that could be served there.
 Neither house is absolutely perfect. I have ideas and things that should be tweaked about each. For example, the Craftsman has almost 7000 sqft! Who is going to clean all that? Of course, if I could afford that house in the first place, I suppose I could afford someone to clean it. The Farmhouse is much more realistically sized, but doesn't have a guest room. I've never had a guest room. But I'd sure like one, never mind I'd probably use it to store all my crafting stuff.

No comments: