Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa!

There a very few people that touch your life in a way that is beyond words. Barney Moore is not family by blood, but you would never know that if I hadn't told you. He has had a huge role in my family from it's beginning. And I love him and respect him like a Grandfather I have known my whole life. Thank you Papa for being a part of my family. And we hope you have a blessed birthday!

He married us! I think he was more nervous than me and David. But the ceremony was absolutely perfect!


They look like they are deep in conversation here.


When we moved from Hawaii to Texas, he and Mimi opened their home to us. And a few weeks later, we snuck out in the middle of the night only to return a few days later with a brand new baby. We will forever be grateful for their hospitality. And it was a blessing to get to share my family with them. I think we were all a little sad when we moved into our new house.


You might have to crank up the volume and even then it is very hard to hear the words, but you can still hear the hum. Papa always sings the Tennessee Waltz to his girls. Grace was more than happy to be included in that group.


Papa also baptized David. I told you he had a hand in just about every aspect of my family. (Sorry the picture quality is so bad. It's the only picture I have of them in the 'dunk tank'.)


I love this picture. Look how excited they both are. Liam saw Papa coming up the walk. And ran out to get him. Then ran back to tell us Papa was coming (which we could see as well as he could). And then ran back to Papa to walk with him.

2 comments:

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

What a precious man. Love that post.

Anne said...

That's the first wedding photo I've ever seen of you two! Papa sounds like a wonderful adopted grandpa!