Saturday, January 3, 2009

Liam's 3rd Birthday

Dear Liam,

What a big year for such a little boy! You became a Big Brother this year. And what a great big brother you are. You are constantly talking about "my little baby" or "Gracie Beth". And you take great care of her too. You almost always get her a new toy when you take one away from her. And you never shove her, you just move her gently with your belly until she gets out of your way. She almost always falls over, but you can hardly see how that can be your fault. You are Mommy's eyes in the car and always tell when Grace is asleep or awake. And you love to sing her songs. I think that makes you the best big brother in the whole world.

You also started school this year. On Tuesdays and Thursdays you join your cousin Tristan in entertaining Ms. Tana your teacher. And sometimes you even get to visit Ms. Mindy the school director. And both love your little boy spirit.

I often tell people of your "little bubble". You live in a world of your own and if something doesn't make it inside your bubble it doesn't exist for you. It's very cute and convenient to adults. However, I expect it to come back to bite us the day your bubble gets big enough to include everything around you.

You are going through a wonderful cuddly Mommy stage right now. Daddy is for fun, but Mommy makes everything better. Not owies so much. You almost never notice them. They don't make it inside the bubble. But I certainly am an important part of bedtime, which includes prayer, a story and a song (and usually another story and numerous extra songs). You wished we could sleep together all night every night and have asked for a bigger bed so I will fit.

You have so many favorites I don't know if I can remember them all.

You LOVE bathtime and swimming but don't like getting your face wet. This summer at the lake you hated to get in the water, but you loved it once you were in there. We had to fight you to get you out. Water has to be on your terms, you got that from me.

You still love fruits and veggies, but you've finally started to add meat to your diet. Chicken nuggets and hot dogs are the usually suspects, but you've never turned down a good bite of steak. And while you didn't eat cake at your first birthday (it was much too messy) you inhaled two pieces at Grace's and wanted more.

You love to read, and not just as a delay tactic at bedtime. You love books and often ask to be read to randomly throughout the day. It warms my heart. Your daddy and I love to read too.

Soon you'll be able to read for yourself. You've already started to memorize your favorites (so have I). I'm excited to see what this next year will bring for you. You are growing so fast. I am so proud of you. And your daddy is too.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: