Saturday, January 3, 2009

Knights and Dragons



Liam's 3rd Birthday Party was themed Knights and Dragons at his request. His favorite bedtime story is about Liam the Knight who rides his favorite green horse to get the Princess (usually his cousin Makya) back from the mean dragon who wont let her play with any toys. Then the Knight takes the Princess back to his castle in Kansas and they play with all the best toys. He asks for it almost every night. So to accommodate his request we made decorated shields and my dad made balloon swords. It was simple but seemed like a huge success.

Liam's cake was made by Granna. It wasn't as elaborate as Grace's first cake. But Liam had his first birthday at the beach in Hawaii, so Grace needed something special for her birthday too. I think Granna did a great job. She used the image of a knight that Liam had picked out for his invitations.


David cut out a shield shape in some foam board and we decorated them with some wonderful sparkly shape foam stickers I found and a little bit of coloring.


Sword fight! We did have a problem with swords popping, but it was anticipated and we had extras on hand.


Liam got so many wonderful new toys. He asked specifically for a knights costume. I panicked thinking I'd never find one now that Halloween was over. So I searched the internet for one. Come to find out I could have bought one at Target for half the price. That'll teach me not to shop around. Liam loved it all the same.



Thanks everyone for all the gifts and birthday wishes. Liam had a wonderful day!

No comments: