Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's My Party

Grace's Big 1st Birthday Party was Sunday. We had a great turn out. And anyone that missed, we felt you in spirit. It was a great day. And the birthday girl seemed to really enjoy all the attention.

I was inspired by a Cake Wrecks: Sunday Sweets. Grace's Granna is an excellent baker and cake decorator. I enlisted her help with the basic design. Then I made the cookies and added them to the cake. Not to toot my own horn (*toot*), but I think we did an awesome job.


It's hard to remember after the cold front that came through yesterday, but Sunday was a beautiful 80* day here. Grace has been walking almost a month now. But hasn't had much of a chance to test her new skill outside. She loves being able to go where she wants.


Grace had a wonderful time with the gifts. She wasn't much of a helper. But she sure loved playing with everything. Thank you everyone for everything!




*An after thought: Grace LOVES that rocking chair. I think I've mentioned it before. It used to belong to Liam, but I think it can officially be called Grace's now. She will sit and rock. It's about the cutest thing.*

And what's a little party without cake. Grace was a little more into the cake than Liam was. She took the small butterfly cookie off and ate it quickly. Then tried a bit of icing and was finished. Unlike Liam who didn't like the cake because it was messy, Grace ditched the cake for the pizza. Liam didn't have the same problem at Grace's first birthday, he ate two pieces of cake and wanted more.

2 comments:

Anne said...

That cake is beautiful and perfect! So much better than the monstrosity at Eva's 1st birthday party. Lesson learned.

Grace is such a cutie, Katie! I really hope we get to see you guys soon.

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

LOVE the cake. It's so cute! Your baby is pretty cute too ;)