Wednesday, December 17, 2008

First Quotable Movie

Liam loves TV. When I was pregnant with him and even when he was an infant, I had pretentious lofty ideals that my children would not watch TV. Then after I realized I would have to quit watching TV so much I changed my ideals to maybe just a little TV. Today, I'm pretty sure our TV is on almost all day. *sigh* Liam (and now Grace) just love TV. And even when they aren't watching and are playing in the other room, if I turn it off, Liam will quickly come to complain. I think he misses the noise. So I've given up on control of the TV, there are other battles to fight (like potty training).

I'm getting to the point, I promise. Even though Liam loves TV he doesn't much care for movies. He'll watch TV shows all day. His favorite being Handy Manny, Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Backyardigans. But his attention span wont go past the 30 minute mark for a movie. However, it being the holidays, Disney played Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas. It's an hour long movie made of 5 Sensational Six shows and Liam LOVES it! At first it was a once a day request. Then a multiple times a day request. Today he's told David, "Maybe just one more time." Which leads us to the point, Liam will quote along with the movie. As the wife of someone that can quote entire movies, I can't say I'm surprised. But Liam's never done this with his TV shows. So it makes Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas (or "Mickey's Pon a Ta-wis-mas" as Liam would call it) extra special.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Eva does the same thing to Madagascar and Cars. She knows every single line. It's so cute.