I had told myself (and many others) that I wouldn't blog about "the bolt". After all, I've already spent my allocated blog space on toddler bodily functions. However, I've been questioned about the lack of blogging about it that I'm going to give in.About a month ago, Liam was taking a nap. At least, he was supposed to be taking a nap. He generally plays for a bit in his room before giving up and finally falling asleep. David and I were enjoying the brief break from the high energy noise that is Liam by watching a little TV. We heard an odd noise from Liam's room followed by weird coughing. So we jumped up and sure enough Liam was standing in the middle of his room with his hands to his mouth and a bit of panic in his eyes. David did a sweep of his mouth came up with nothing. I tried and following David's lead, I only gagged Liam a little more too. Whatever it was, was gone. Liam was breathing normally again. So the search began, what exactly did he just swallow. After a bit of investigative work we discovered the only missing from Liam's room was a bolt that turned his crib into a toddler bed. Actually it was the bolt from Grace's crib because I couldn't find the pieces from Liam's.
After a discussion about it, we called the doctor's office. They agreed with our first plan... wait it out. And less than 24 hours later, Liam was nice enough to give the bolt back.
For the curious, yes I kept it. I need it to turn Grace's bed into a toddler bed. Don't worry, it's been cleaned. And for the time being, Liam's still leery of putting small objects in his mouth.
3 comments:
Oh.My.Gosh. He swallowed a bolt?!
Liam! Go easy on your parents, buddy!
p.s. Jonah once ate a package of gold glitter and his poop was sparkly for weeks.
Oh my! That's so funny! I cannot believe he swallowed a BOLT! That must of been a joy to pass.
Oh man that is soooooooo funny and frightening all at the same time! He's such a funny boy!
Post a Comment