Saturday, August 16, 2008

Base-ket Ball

Tonight was Texas Tech night at the San Angelo Colts, the local baseball team. The Masked Rider was going to be there, so we'd thought it'd be fun. It took the first 10 minutes of being there before Liam would quit calling it base-ket ball. We left during the 6th inning with both kids still happy. I'd call it a good night.


We missed a chance to take a picture with Midnight Matador, the horse. We didn't get in line in time. But we did get to see the horse on way to the car. Liam was very excited to see the horse. Grace loved Ashley's (the rider) shiny costume and long hair. It took a great deal of waving to get Grace to look away from her and even then I couldn't get either kid to look at the camera (see previous blog).


Liam wasn't sure about Casey, the Colt's mascot, when we first arrived. Still he always wanted to know where 'that horse' was. But he and Casey were old friends by the time we left.


Liam wanted to bring his backpack with him. So I thought he should bring his glove too. Liam continually asked David to take him down to the field because he wanted to catch the ball too.


Grace caught a little nap about the bottom of the second inning. She was back cheering away by the 5th. We got a lot of compliments on the kids about how good they were and how pretty they are. It certainly made my night!

3 comments:

Philip said...

Kids and professional games never seem to be a good mix. Leaving at the 6th inning was probably a great idea.

I was hoping to see some recovered bolt pics. j/k ;)

grandma3 said...

I have beautiful grandbabies!

Anne said...

That baby is you all over again!