Sorry, no pictures this round. While I did manage to take 2 cameras camping with us this weekend. I wasn't very good at taking pictures. Grace did have an afternoon photo shoot while everyone else was out on the boat. I'll try to download those soon and maybe see if Granna or Aunt Sarah will share some of their pictures with us.
We had a great trip. I wasn't sure what to expect when we left. I packed enough stuff to last us until September. But like I said, I wasn't sure what to expect. We were right on the lake and there was a nice grassy patch. So the kids had a great time. Liam, who generally isn't accepting of the water, was a fish by the time we left. And cried when David took him out of the water to get into the car to come home. The only thing that calmed him was letting him believe that we were going to Gage and Kya's (his cousins) house to continue the fun. He originally wanted to go "The Barn" (aka Cousin Tristan's house), but when I said we were going to Liam's house, he tried for Gage and Kya's. I wasn't in the mood to argue with him. It was great though to see him have so much fun in the water. "Look, Mommy, I'm swimming!" It was really cute. We are going to take him to swim lessons next week, if all goes according to plan.
Grace is our water baby from the start. She loves everything to do with the water. She probably didn't get to play in the water as much as she'd like. But she's so laid back. She loves the outdoors. Everyone would trade who got to hold her. And we'd just sit down by the water with her. And she'd sing and coo and laugh and clap. The only time she was ever upset was at bedtime. And I'll give her credit there, that tent was hot. But once she was asleep she was golden. She's about ready to crawl. She didn't have a lot of time to practice while camping. She's to the point that if she wants something she can get it. I wouldn't call it crawling. More like wriggling and scooting with determination. It's just a matter of time.
We still haven't heard from Virginia. We aren't sure when we'll hear something. Apparently that's normal. In the meantime, if you know anyone that's building a house or is doing a kitchen remodel, have them give us a call. We have some seriously awesome countertops that they'll fall in love with.
No comments:
Post a Comment